MIDS Occasional Policy Papers
We are in the midst of a pandemic shock as well as a deep economic recession. It necessitates extraordinary policy action. However, we do not have the luxury of time to carry out a new research plan. The situation calls for immediate reflection and action, based on available data.
In the Covid-19 Series of Occasional Policy Papers, MIDS faculty contemplate on diverse issues of importance, contextualise their work to the contemporary challenge, draw attention to linkages with interrelated sectors and issues, and suggest short-to-medium-term policy measures.
This series would be a useful input in the design of the state's post-pandemic socio-economic policy.
- Ajit Menon and Maarten Bavinck,Covid-19 and Tamil Nadu's Marine Fisheries Sector, Occasional Policy Paper No. 18 (Covid-19 Series), August 2020.
- P. Durairasu and L. Venkatachalam,Environmental Reforms in Tamil Nadu After Covid-19, Occasional Policy Paper No. 17 (Covid-19 Series), July 2020.
- Umanath Malaiarasan, Food Security in the Covid-19 Era, Occasional Policy Paper No. 16 (Covid-19 Series), July 2020.
- P.G. Babu, A. Ganesh-Kumar, and Chandan Kumar, Reforms out of Ordinances: Agriculture Markets, Occasional Policy Paper No. 15 (Covid-19 Series), July 2020.
- Krishanu Pradhan, Measures to Revive Tourism Sector in Tamil Nadu After Covid-19 Pandemic, Occasional Policy Paper 14 (Covid-19 Series), July 2020.
- C. Veeramani and P.G. Babu, Why Assemble in Tamil Nadu? Ideas from Global Trade Trends, Occasional Policy Paper 13 (Covid-19 Series), July 2020.
- Gayathri Balagopal and M. Vijayabaskar, Covid-19 Pandemic and Social Protection in Tamil Nadu: Need to Strengthen a Life-Cycle Approach, Occasional Policy Paper 12 (Covid-19 Series), July 2020.
- P.G. Babu, Vikas Kumar, and Poonam Singh, Employment and Covid-19: Trends and Issues in Tamil Nadu, Occasional Policy Paper 11 (Covid-19 Series), July 2020.
- Kripa Ananthpur, Role of Panchayati Raj Institutions in Dealing with Covid-19 Crisis, Occasional Policy Paper 10 (Covid-19 Series), July 2020.
- P.G. Babu and Chandan Kumar, Infrastructure Development Post Covid-19: PPP Contracts and Design Issues, Occasional Policy Paper 9 (Covid-19 Series), June 2020.
- K. Jafar and Kalaiyarasan A., Covid-19 and Migration: The Experience of Tamil Nadu, Occasional Policy Paper 8 (Covid-19 Series), June 2020.
- S. Anandhi and E. Deepa, Protecting Livelihood, Health, and Decency of Work: Paid Domestic Workers in the Time of Covid-19, Occasional Policy Paper 7 (Covid-19 Series), June 2020.
- Karen Coelho and A. Srivathsan, Affordable Housing in Chennai and Some Notes on Post-Pandemic Prospects, Occasional Policy Paper 6 (Covid-19 Series), June 2020.
- K. Sivasubramaniyan, Irrigation in Tamil Nadu: Pre- and Post-Covid-19 Eras, Occasional Policy Paper 5 (Covid-19 Series), June 2020.
- A. R. Venkatachalapathy, The Tamil Book-Publishing Industry and the Impact of Covid-19 Pandemic: A Note, Occasional Policy Paper 4 (Covid-19 Series), June 2020.
- M. Vijayabaskar, Sustaining Industrial Clusters in Tamil Nadu for Employment Generation: Some Policy Lessons from Tiruppur, Occasional Policy Paper 3 (Covid-19 Series), June 2020.
- L. Venkatachalam, Reforms in the Agriculture Sector During the Post-Covid-19 Era, Occasional Policy Paper 2 (Covid-19 Series), June 2020.
- Shesadri Banerjee, Pre- and Post-Covid-19 Macroeconomic Scenarios for India, Occasional Policy Paper 1 (Covid-19 Series), June 2020.